Image Map Image Map

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Keeping Them Engaged

As I prepare to head back to school on Monday I found myself thinking about two things; 1. Where did our two week break go?  2. What's an easy what that I can keep my early finishers engaged?  I have a few students who F L Y through assignments during our LA block and they usually just grab a book.  This is great, but sometimes I wonder if they are actually reading or if they are staring at the pages and flipping through.  TPT and Pinterest are always my go to for ideas for my classroom and most of the time I see GREAT ideas.  At times it's not just about how wonderful the ideas are but also if they are practical for me in my classroom.  I found myself, during a period of boredom, creating task cards for my early finishers.  I have a font addiction and find making things myself, although time consuming, makes me happier.

My set of task cards have 20 included LA activities and are numbered.  I am going to have my kids write the number card at the top of their paper to keep track of the activities they have already done.  This is also useful to me so I can determine which activity they completed if it is done on a loose leaf sheet of paper that I would look over.



I have also included a blank template with information on a separate slide with fonts used so you can add your own activities and make the appearance of your added cards identical.  Click here or any of the images to purchase this product in my TPT store!


No comments:

Post a Comment